Thursday, March 11

Creating Space in My Brain

You're really not wanting to limit beliefs because belief is just perspective, and the more beliefs or the more perspectives or the more attitudes, the bigger the vibrational kitchen from which you can make your pie.  Just get so good at directing your Energy that the belief doesn't dominate. -- Abraham-Hicks

Meditation has become a daily part of my life.  It started innocently enough as my connection and participation in the beloved Lenten practice of, "giving something up."  I didn't want to give up coffee, tea, sweets, or fried foods. This is not to say that those are not noble things to give up during Lent, indeed they are.  The point of the practice is to connect yourself closer to God.  Whatever pops up in your head, whatever your intuition tells you its time to give up -- go with that.  My intuition, that voice in my head that I identify as Spirit, told me to give up the overwhelm, the confusion, to instead create space in my brain.

It began simple enough.  I have a playlist with all of David Elliott's breathing meditations.  Each varies in lengths from 7 minutes to 30 minutes so I have choices, options, depending on the amoutn of time I have that day to meditate.  By the end of the second week I created a couple of my own playlists to add to the mix -- ones with songs that uplifted me -- songs that raise my vibration and open my heart when I listen to them.

A week into the meditation the voice told me, "this is good but you have to commit to 6 months."  I couldn't help but feel like Uma Thurman in Kill Bill working with the Master.  I dropped the anticipation of being done with meditation in 40 days.  Indeed, there is no Girl Scout badge for me to iron on my vest saying I had completed this task.


Meditation is the practice of directing your energy, of drawing it in and learning from it, of asking it.  Jesus said, "If you knock, I will answer."  Meditation is  my walk down the path, the way I engage with my Energy as it comes up are my prayers.  The more I engage with it the more I believe.  My faith -- faith in myself, that I am supported, that I am love, and that the Divine has an investment in me strengthens with every breath.  The oven is warming up.  The smells from the kitchen are Divine.

1 comment: